Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Relei glass cuff


We're experiencing some spring-like weather finally, I don't expect it to last but it's been a real pleasure to see the sun and feel some warmth and moisture in the air.
Orders have been my priority for the last week, I work on them weekly but am very close to getting ALL of the orders from 2008 finished finally.
What I really want to do is work on my new ideas. I'm getting ready for Adirondack North Country Association's 23rd Annual Buyer Days show in Saratoga Springs, NY. This is the only wholesale show that I do and it's a great opportunity to meet with shop owners from the northeast. I'm very excited to debut my 'organic' jewelry to that audience. Plus it's a great show, usually my first of the season and I love to see all my vendor friends, they are like family, as well as my customers. Some of the customers are from my basketweaving days. I've only missed Buyer Days a couple of times in 23 years.
I've made some great concho earrings and silhouette earrings, I hope to get some photos taken so that I can show you the new designs.
The bracelet above is a favorite design of mine. The cuff is shaped comfortably and I have wrapped the ends with copper wire to mimic the wonderful copper color in the dichroic glass cabochon. This piece of glass is from Carolyn Relei, one of my favorite glass artists. I buy her work on eBay and the quality and color are unmatched by any other that I have seen.

No comments: