Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jeremy's belt buckle


Finally got my son Jeremy's belt buckle started. It's his January birthday present..... The photo shows the copper sheet partially sawn into a flame design, it will be sandwiched between the heavy sterling sheet on the back and a lighter sterling sheet on top with his name stamped into it.
I'm often asked how I make some of my more inticate designs and my saw is usually the culprit. You can see the blade is quite fine and pictured above the buckle is the wax glob used to lubricate the blade as I saw.
I'll probably make another belt buckle with a large turquoise stone in it. About a year and a half ago we were on our way to a Nascar race and stopped at a rock and mineral shop in New Hampshire. While I was there, they were unpacking a shipment of wonderful turquoise cabochons and I bought several. My thoughts at the time were to put at least one of them in a belt buckle, I may finally get around to doing that.
I'll keep you updated....

No comments: