Sunday, February 22, 2009

Welcome to my blog!




Hi, my name is Lisa and I'm a silversmith living near the Adirondack Mtns. in northern NY. I'll be posting my new designs here and the inspiration for them as well. I hope that you check back often and see what's going on in my studio.


I have several customers that enjoy and collect heart jewelry, so I went a little heart crazy for Valentine's Day this year. Check out the bracelets that I have made. The coolest part is the 'organic' look to them as well as the addition of copper.


I like the organic look and have done many pieces using melted scrap silver that I shape into the desired design. Most of the shaping is done while the metal is molten then after cooling I can saw or file away whatever I need to.




2 comments:

The Wild Inside said...

A great beginning Lisa!! I think you'll find it a bit .. cathartic .. now and then to have some place to put your thoughts (especially ones to which customers can respond). And anything that allows for a little more "story" with regard to a piece of jewelry never hurts! : )

croghanite said...

Your work is stunning....so beautiful! You KNOW I am a fan of yours. I love your style of writing. Keep up the good work, and write more!!

Liz