Monday, February 23, 2009

Organic Jewelry


These are a couple of examples of my organic jewelry. I use scrap sterling and melt it down and roll it into discs or whatever shape I need. The narrow pendant with the swirl has great texture and measures about 2" long.
The necklace is cool because of the freeform discs as well as the rivet-like connections. Of course I've attached one of my favorite chains - twisted link - to the discs. The earrings continue the freeform and I've drilled them and added the melted ball rivet-like loop at the top. I plan to explore this direction more and will keep you posted. The response to the organic look has been very positive so far, let me know what you think of it....

2 comments:

Velma said...

Hi Lisa,
Your organic line is very fine. Glad you're doing a blog and I will look in from time to time. I am a total blog reader, I enjoy reading how other artists are thinking and making.
Velma

silverbenchjewelry said...

Velma, Thankyou for your interest, I'm enjoying my blog and especially my organic and recycled jewelry....Looking forward to being in your neck of the woods late April at the SLCHA show at the Canton middle school. Aside from the wholesale show in early April, it's the first show of the season!!! I'm anxious to see all my vendor and customer friends again.