Monday, February 23, 2009

My BFF....


I heard from my best friend from high school and beyond earlier this week. Her name is Phyllis Shafer and she is a painter living in South Lake Tahoe. She has a solo show at the Stremmel Gallery beginning in-mid March. You should check out her website http://www.phyllisshafer.com/, her work is amazing, it always has been amazing.

Phyllis and I have been friends for over 35 years, many of them long distance but she is always the same warm, funny, intelligent, intensely creative and interesting person, no matter how long it's been since we connected. We made a great duo in school and even got to room together for a bit in college (Potsdam State) until I quit to come home and marry Mike and have children.

The photo above is one of her paintings, enjoy....

No comments: